Archivists without Borders International
Archivists without Borders is an international organization, the primary objective of which is “cooperation in the sphere of archives work in countries whose documentary heritage is in danger of disappearing or of suffering irreversible damage, with particular emphasis on the protection of human rights.”
Archivists without Borders, United States Chapter
The United States Chapter of Archivists without Borders (AwB-United States) is a member of Archivists without Borders International. AwB-United States is aligned with the goals and principal actions of Archivists without Borders International, which encompass:
- Assurance and defense of human rights through the protection and conservation of archives produced by public and private bodies.
- Ensuring access to public documents in democratic political systems.
- Supporting and involvement in cooperative projects within the sphere of archives administration.
- Preservation, conservation, and dissemination of the world’s documentary heritage.
- Training archivists, records managers, and affiliated professionals to assure preservation, conservation, and dissemination of archival materials.
- Collaboration with other archivists and cultural heritage professionals.
- Promoting the development of relationships with human rights organizations.